What to Expect
At Pet Express Animal Hospital we strive to provide the highest quality primary veterinary care and to educate our clients with the latest in healthcare and preventative medicine, so they can make educated medical decisions for their pets thus enabling their companions to live longer, happier, and healthier lives.
Our general practice provides the following services but not limited to:
- Adult wellness
- Annual examinations
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Dental examination and referral to our in-house dentists for dental prophylaxis and dental procedures
- Fecal examination and testing for internal parasites
- Flea and tick control
- Heartworm tests and heartworm prophylaxis
- Microchip placement
- Nail trims
- Nutrition and weight management
- Parasite control and prevention
- Puppy and kitten wellness
- Senior wellness
- Rabies Tag
Diagnosis & Treatment
- Arthritis management
- Diagnosis and treatment of eye conditions
- Diagnosis and treatment of lumps and growths
- Diagnosis and treatment of skin and ear infections
- Endocrine diseases (hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism, diabetes)
- Management of chronic disease conditions and referral to internal medicine or surgery if indicated
- Management of vomiting and diarrhea
- Pain management
- Referral to our cardiologists for consultation and necessary testing (echocardiography, EKG)
- Urinalysis and management of urinary tract infections
- Aspiration/cytology of masses
- Pre-anesthetic blood testing
- Rabies Titer testing
- Routine blood work (chemistry panel, complete blood cell count, thyroid level and urinalysis)
- Declawing cats
- Mass removals
- Spay and Neuter
We recommend bringing in any medical history from previous clinics you have of your pet when you coming in.
To send your pet’s medical records to Pet Express Animal Hospital, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to also included your full name and patients name.
PRINTABLE FORMS BELOW
Rabies Tag REQUIREMENTS
Broward County law requires both dogs and cats to wear an official Broward County Rabies Registration Tag. The tag should be worn by your pet at all times so that he can be identified in case he gets lost from home.
- Dogs and cats four months or older must be registered.
- All dogs and cats must be vaccinated against rabies to be registered. A copy of a current Rabies Certificate, issued by a licensed veterinarian, must be presented at the time of purchase.
- If a licensed veterinarian has determined that a rabies vaccination will be detrimental to your pet’s health, our doctor will issue a Waiver Certificate. This Certificate must be signed by the veterinarian and sent to Broward County Animal Care. However, a Pet Registration Tag must still be purchased.
- “Indoor” pets are not exempt from Broward County’s registration requirement. Every day, Broward County Animal Care receives “indoor” animals that have slipped out of an open door or window, or escaped through weak or loose screening or fencing. Such pets easily become lost since they are often not familiar with their neighborhood.
- Pets that have a tattoo, microchip or personalized name tag, are still required to have a Broward County Rabies Registration Tag.
At Pet Express Animal Hospital we use Petlink International Microchip to maintain up to date medical information and identification for pets. All microchips are linked to a central database for immediate reliable readings accessible by any veterinarian in the world.
Requirements to transit a pet from one country and to another varies greatly by the destination country. These health certificates can be very complicated and can require very specific blood work and vaccinations. To search for your pets requirements please click the link and scroll to the drop down menu titled LIVE ANIMALS. Click here for requirements for travel to specific countries.
It is important to do research, and plan a visit with one of our doctors five months prior to the trip, if possible. Planning will help get your pet ready for the trip and avoid issues that may cause delays or refusal at entry. More information on international travel can be found here.